Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Floating my boat...Well, almost!

So close. I've always said if I ever got a boat, it would be a pontoon. I missed one many years ago, at the U of M. 22 footer, on a trailer for $2000. Friday, Biology at Macalester announced that they were selling their research pontoon boat (22 footer, w/trailer and 50hp motor) for $2000 or B.O. Needed some work, but they were using it up until last week. Then the questions: were to work on it, where to store it, would we use it enough to make it worth the effort. This morning I asked Biology if they'd hold it for me for a couple of days, then went out to take some pictures of it. I ran into Mike O'Connor, the head of Plant Operations (and two of his workers), who was also looking at it. We looked it over, talked at length about what the pluses and minuses were. Later he called me, and said his wife had OKed it for him to buy. In the mean time I kept thinking about where I could put it to work on it. Too big for the garage. And I don't think Jane would like it sticking over on her garage pad. With good no answer...I told Mike to take it. I'm sure, at about 3 o'clock tomorrow morning I'll think of the perfect solution, but...it was fun to dream.

2 comments:

Sarita said...

I had no idea you'd ever wanted a pontoon until mom mentioned it yesterday. I wish there were a practical way for you to get/work on/keep it. Maybe someday the right set of circumstances will come together...

Peder said...

I have a similar story that involves a camper. I'll never get over it.